Monday, June 13, 2011

Stop & smell the roses.

It's been a while since I've had time to blog. I know I say this all the time, but we've been SUPER busy. Today we put in an offer for the condo we want. We LOVE this place, & it would be perfect for us for the next ten years. This is all so scary. While having a baby and being (almost) 20, I do feel much older than I am. But buying a house makes me feel like an ADULT. Paying bills, working for our mortgage-- we are stepping into the world of becoming an adult. Okay, I do realize we made that step when we had Braeden, it took a while to sink in, & now it's all hitting me at once! But nonetheless, this is what we want. We want to be on our own, our own family. I can't wait to decorate the inside- I'm even considering taking an interior design class- with all the time I have right? I already envision what I want it to look like, & the memories we will make there, so it's all very exciting as well. Here's to starting off our family, in our own place, at the right time!

In the mean time we've been staying busy. Not that we have a choice, but between working and Matt's family igoing to France, we wanted to make sure they got to spend as much time with Braeden as possible since they won't be seeing him for two weeks. Matt's cousin graduated from middle school so we went to the graduation & brought Braeden right along with us. He slept through the whole thing, but it just dawned on me that the school we were at, was where Braeden was going to go to middle school. In exactly 14 years, we would be there attending BRAEDEN'S graduation. The concept of him being 14 freaks me out, because he's already three months old today. Exactly three months ago, at this exact time I was slipping on the hospital gown laying into the hospital bed. The fact that time goes by so quickly just makes me realize how I really have to appreciate, take in, and enjoy every moment. Which is partially why I don't blog as much. Part of me being busy is enjoying my little guy!

I remember when I was a junior in high school, Mr. Miller who was a history teacher, who would bore my friend Christine & I to death actually taught me a life lesson. Without me realizing it. Four years later I completely understand that lecture during fifth period when he took 47 minutes to explain how "During life, no matter how crazy it is sometimes you just need to stop and smell the roses." It always stuck with me, & I liked what it meant. But now I appreciate the meaning of it. I appreciate taking time to just stop, settle my mind, and-- smell the roses. 







Still can't believe he is already three months!








I'm trying to get Braeden used to being outdoors. We are inside A LOT, & I don't want him to be one of those kids who stay inside all the time playing video games all day. I want him to know how fun it is to play with chalk, to blow bubbles, to run around at hte park, rolling down hills of grass.



When he wears his clothes from France, he looks like such a frenchie. Matt's family is in France right now so he'll be getting lots & lots of frenchie outfits. (:

Since I was pregnant we would always wonder what color Braeden's eyes would be. My whole family has brown eyes, but Matt's moms side has dark blue/ green eyes, while his dads side has the light blue eyes. He was born with grey/ dark blue eyes, but they are slowly turning into Matt's hazel eyes.




Braeden now has a jumperoo! He won't stay in it too long, without getting over stimulated, & he can't even reach the ground yet but he loves sitting in it, looking at all the bright colors. He's a color kinda boy. If he sees any slight contrast in colors, he will be attracted to it. I hope he retains this interest, maybe when he's even older he will use it artistically? I always wonder what his hobbies are going to be.. I already know I want to put him in little league baseball, boxing, & any other sport to keep him busy. That's one thing I've heard a lot through parents, is to keep your kids busy. It benefits them when they're younger because it wares them out, and it keeps them out of trouble when they're older. I just hope he takes to one sport or hobby and sticks to it so he can be passionate about whatever it may be.





A new hobby I've seemed to pick up? Cleaning. Since Braeden has allergies, I keep everything spotless. It takes a while but I do see an improvement on his stuffy nose. It's tiring, and it takes a whole day but I just look at it as getting me ready for our new home!



I have a happy baby, who even though he's only 3 months old also gets the concept of smelling the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment