Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My magical day

Yesterday, I celebrated turning the ripe 'ole age of 20! I didn't expect much, just lunch with the family & dinner with Matt. Little did I know it was going to be the best birthday I've had in a while. Usually I'm excited for my birthday about a month before it, but this year I've had so much to focus on, I didn't realize how close my birthday was until it was only a couple of days away. My best friend & I went to go get our nails done (which is a ritual we do every two weeks.) We make sure to always go every two weeks to keep my sanity. It's probably the only time- besides work- I'm away from Braeden. We use that time to catch up and just pamper ourselves. We talk about what's been going on- not that we haven't seen each other in two weeks, because I usually see her every couple of days. Well anyway, she treated me this week for my birthday & then we went to go get our eyebrows threaded. I forgot how painful it was. We roamed around Nordstroms & I totally regretted leaving my wallet at home in Braeden's diaper bag. I figure since Braeden's diaper bag looks like a regular purse I just toss my essentials in there when we all go out, problem is when I bring my regular purse I completely forget it's on the diaper bag. Maybe I should just stick to one purse for me & one diaper bag for Braeden.

Anyway, birthday's are kinda of a big deal with my family. We make sure to have lunch & my mom every year since I can remember plays the hispanic version of "Happy Birthday" while walking up the stairs to my room. Matt told me he had everything planned out for the day so all I had to do was enjoy! He gave me my gift which were my Burberry glasses I had been eyeing for a couple months! So exciting!













After having lunch with my family at BJ's, my best friend came over so they could all take me to the "surprise place" which I had thought was a restaurant.... but in reality waaaassss......



They were pretty good at keeping it a surprise. Growing up Disneyland was a treat. I don't know why, but I didn't go to Disneyland very often. I had annual passes, but I never went more than twice a year. Which is why I'm changing that this year. Matt also god me the Premium season pass so we will definitely be coming a lot more!! Not gonna lie.. It's hard going to Disneyland with a baby.. Braeden went on the Peter Pan ride & the new Little Mermaid ride but was asleep on both. He may be staying at home the next couple of times we go, as much as he loved looking at the balloons & all the colors around him, I think he just needs to be a liiiitttllleee bit older next time he goes. I was wearing heals earlier, but Nicole convinced me to wear flip flops, which I'm so glad she did! Life. Saver.








I thought my family did Birthday's big... Disneyland does birthday's big. Pretty much every cast member says Happy Birthday, & strangers walking by scream "Happy Birthday Natalie!" Always confused me cause I always thought I was running into someone I knew. But if you ever want to feel special on your birthday... Disneyland is the place!

Daddy in action!





Oh. & Braeden's diaper leaked.. & of course the one day I don't bring an extra outfit for him, I don't have extra clothes for him. So since he was all wet, the put the jacket on him & that's all he had on. A jacket & a diaper & a pair of socks. I'm just glad we brought three blankets and kept him super warm!


No matter how old you are, or how many times you've been to Disneyland, it will always be magical.


But at the end of the day, this will be more magical than any thing or place in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment