Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Make the most of your time.

I go back to work on Sunday, & as much as I love my job, it makes me sad. I'm used to waking up & spending the whole day with my lil guy... It's going to be different waking up knowing I'm going to be leaving him for a whole 8 hours. I work in the afternoon which makes it that much harder. But Sunday's are going to be the only days I work afternoons. The rest of the days I will be working early mornings. & as much as I HATE waking up at 4 A.M to go to work, I know it will be worth it to spend the rest of the day with Braeden.
On top of stressing out about work, we've been looking for condos to move in to, & we think we finally found the one. It's a fixer uper, so we wouldn't be moving in, until about 6 months to a year. We're putting in the offer in a couple of days, & we'll go from there. If we end up with this particular condo, it would be great. I love the security of the complex, & the fact that it's two stories. The living room, bathroom & kitchen are downstairs, & Braeden's bedroom along with our master bedroom with the bathroom is upstairs. It's a pretty big place & I'm excited to shape & mold it to our liking. It's going to be weird having Braeden sleep in his own room. Even though we had the choice of making the guest room in our house now to his nursery, we decided not to because we wanted him to be close to us. Yes, I am that paranoid mom who freaks out about anything & everything that could potentially harm my son. At night he sleeps in his rocker, which is said to "prevent SIDS" But I love it because it it perfect level to our bed, & he sleeps comfortably in it. Matt always sneaks Braeden in the bed with us in the middle of the night, so I think he has gotten used to that. I've been slowly trying to work him into his beautiful crib, but the babies not having it. So I have to rock him till he's half way asleep in my arms, & then I lay him in his crib. I used to think it was a big deal for him to sleep in his crib because it's the safest place for him, & blah blah blah. But a baby will fall asleep where he feels more comfortable, & at this age it's in his parents arms. I don't mind if that's all he's used to, the more love & comfort he gets the better, is the way that I look at it. I had him sleeping in his crib, but when he wakes up, he FREAKS out because he realizes he's alone. & it breaks my heart to hear him cry like that... so we're not doing this whole crib thing for a while. But that's okay, I wouldn't like to fall asleep in my mother's arms, & wake up in a different setting with no one around me. So for now, I'm going to enjoy the fact that I can smother him with love.


I went downstairs to hang out with my mom a little, & when I came up 15 minutes later, this is what I found. One of the most adorable things I have seen. I remember when I was pregnant I would always envision THIS in my head. Seeing in right before my eyes makes everything so surreal.
He wasn't in the mood for pictures that day.. but the lighting was so good, I was determined.. Needless to say Braeden won this battle.
Yup, I've still got a little pudge, but I'm working on it, on my time. & yes the room is a mess., it's hard being organized with a newborn.


I have my own little family now. I can't believe how fast time goes. I know I say it A LOT. My grandpa always told me "the older you get, the faster time goes by." I can't say how true that has been to me this past year. Matt & I love this little nugget more than words can explain.. we're even excited for our next one. I totally miss being pregnant & having my momma belly, but love what I get to hold in my arms even more. I'm hoping for a girl our next one.. but his dad's side of the family which is German has had boys for the past 7 generations.. I was talking to his mom & we both hope I will get lucky & have a girl next. But hey I'll take whatever God decides to give me, & will be just as happy if it's a boy. Not saying this will be anytime soon. But Matt & I have agreed on about 4 years. Which of course, will FLY by.

Matt's dad used to intimidate me, but after I got pregnant I realized what a HUGE teddy bear he is. & he ADORES, I'm not even kidding.. ADORES his grandson. & that onesie is for 6 months old babies in FRANCE,. Matt's aunt from France bought a bunch of baby clothes for Braeden & brought it when she came in December & he already fits in it!
Matt had these roses mailed to me for mothers day. He always re-cuts them just like the directions say. (: It's been a week and a half & they still look BEAUTIFUL.

Came across this website & I was hooked from the get-go. It informs you on the harmful chemicals & pesticides in your everyday products. I used to be the person to chuckle at those things & go on with my day, but now that I'm a mom I look at these kinds of things in a completely different prospective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment